On Tue, Oct 2, 2012 at 7:15 PM, Rob Oakes <lyx-de...@oak-tree.us> wrote:
> Dear LyX Users,
>
> I've just started playing around with SAGE (www.sagemath.org) and was
> very happy to see that there is a module which can be used with LyX.
>
> However, in trying to get the module to work, I've run into a snag. I
> have it installed, and I can even successfully compile the example
> document from the Wiki. However, when I try and create my own documents,
> it appears as though I'm not getting any output back from SAGE.
>
> Other than adding the module to a new LyX document, is there some
> configuration step that I am missing? Also, any explanation as to why
> the example would appear to compile, but new documents might not?

Hi Rob,

I've been meaning to checkout SAGE + LyX so if no one comes along to
help you I might take a look. How did you install SAGE? In the past
I've compiled from source which was very smooth but took a while.
There is also a PPA: https://launchpad.net/~aims/+archive/sagemath

Which version do you have installed?

Does the terminal output or View Messages toolbar give any useful
output that you could share?

Do you have a minimum working example that you could send or link to?

Best,

Scott