Chandas was already installed in my Ubuntu 12.10. I tried Chandas, Sahdeva,
Nakula, Siddhanta, Sanskrit2003, FreeSans from given list which were
already installed, as well as some other installed fonts.
Copied the same text mentioned in that email to try these fonts. not able
to understand Why this issue.

Thanks everyone for the help.