On Thu, Jun 13, 2013 at 2:56 AM, Rainer M Krug <rai...@krugs.de> wrote:

> As I just recently deleted my local TeX Live installation (which worked
> nicely, but hdd space on notebook and simplicity of maintenance, as well
> as the dependency of certain packages on the texlive packages were the
> causes of the switch), this could tempt me to try it out again.
>
> Some things I think would be useful in the script:
>
> 1) the possibility to switch between local TeX Live installations (2012,
> 2013)

This will be implemented (that is, when you install you can choose
2012 or 2013).

> 2) the possibility to switch between local and systemwide texlive
> installation

Good suggestion, but won't be in the first version of the script.

> 3) the possibility to de-install the local installation.

This won't be in the first version either.

> 4) the possibility to install the complete TeX Live

This will be the default. I might add support to use a custom profile.

> If these features would be included, this would most definitely be a
> very useful script.

I'm not sure if all of these will be included. I'm happy to maintain
the script and add features, but first I just want to get out an alpha
version for brave testers. I will put everything on github and will
accept patches if you are up for implementing something.

Thanks for the suggestions,

Scott