On Thu, Sep 5, 2013 at 3:39 AM, Wolfgang Engelmann
<engelm...@uni-tuebingen.de> wrote:
> Am Wednesday, 4. September 2013, 19:32:09 schrieb Scott Kostyshak:
>
>> How did you install 2.0.6? Did you compile? If so, can you post your
>
>> configure log?
>

>> Scott
>

> Thanks, David and Scott
>

> where would I find the configure log file and is it still available after
> quite some time after installation?

It depends on if you kept it. If you do ./autogen and then you do ./configure
a file config.log is created.
Also, when you do ./configure, you'll see something like:

Special build flags:          build=development warnings assertions
stdlib-debug concept-checks use-enchant use-hunspell

That shows that I'm compiling (by default, I didn't change anything)
with support for enchant and hunspell.

> I did load first a lyx file, of course. And I am able to use the spell
> checker on another machine which uses Linux-Mint (Debian).
>

> Should I re-install lyx to make the spell checking work?

You could try building without installing (just don't do the 'make
install' step). That will allow you to test your build before
installing it. You could see then if it has hunspell support.

> Could Texlive (I am using 2013) be involved??

No.

Scott