On Tue, Jan 7, 2014 at 6:48 PM, Anders Host-Madsen
<ahostmad...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> I have been using LyX for quite a while now, mainly on Mac.
> But these days for many of my documents LyX is just extremely slow.
> When I scroll, LyX just slowly scrolls line by line. I can wait for long time
> while it just continues to slowly scroll. And to insert math,
> it can take several seconds to open the math box, and then
> there is a long wait for every keystroke.
>
> I have two Macs: a slower MacBook Air, and a one year
> top of the line iMac (the absolute fastest configuration
> available), and on both LyX is just behaving like a snail.
>
> It seems to be fairly recent. I doesn't seem to be every document,
> but I cannot find a clear reason for what makes a document slow,
> except for length (but we are talking 5 page documents versus
> one page). Perhaps one thing: many LyX comments?
>
> Has anyone else experienced this. Any ideas what I can do?

Hi Anders, thanks for reporting this behavior. In emails like this
it's always useful if you give your LyX version (and in this case Mac
OS version).

We have had reports like this and the problem has been fixed for
several users by a patch that is now in the soon-to-be-released LyX
2.1. Can you please try out LyX 2.1 beta2
(ftp://ftp.lyx.org/pub/lyx/devel/lyx-2.1/lyx-2.1.0beta2/LyX-2.1.0beta2+qt4-cocoa.dmg)
and let us know if the problem still occurs?

Best,

Scott