Anders Host-Madsen <ahostmadsen <at> yahoo.com> writes:

> Yes, it seems LyX 2.1 solves the problem. It is definitely
> faster than LyX 2.0.6. Very good. LyX had become so
> slow that I almost couldn't use it.

I am new to Lyx, and using version 2.0.6, and Mac OS 10.9.1

When I click on the EYES BUTTON on a little one page example file for
xetexCV, it takes 1 minute 57 seconds for lyx to come up with anything, and
that 'anything' is an error message saying "File does not exist:
/var/folders/zh/
5qprckdd5bg4xn5ddpqy7np80000gn/T/
lyx_tmpdir.L10103/lyx_tmpbuf7/example4-xetex4-LyX.dvi"

So it does seem slow. If I install the new beta version, will I loose the
changes I made to the lyx I already installed? For example I put some things
inside one of the folders within the app itself while trying to get this
xetexCV document class working (still getting help on that in another thread).

Thanks.