Am 12.01.2014 um 16:28 schrieb justin <justina...@yahoo.com>:

> Anders Host-Madsen <ahostmadsen <at> yahoo.com> writes:
>
>> Yes, it seems LyX 2.1 solves the problem. It is definitely
>> faster than LyX 2.0.6. Very good. LyX had become so
>> slow that I almost couldn't use it.
>
> I am new to Lyx, and using version 2.0.6, and Mac OS 10.9.1

I don't have any experience with LyX on Mavericks.

> When I click on the EYES BUTTON on a little one page example file for
> xetexCV, it takes 1 minute 57 seconds for lyx to come up with anything, and
> that 'anything' is an error message saying "File does not exist:
> /var/folders/zh/
> 5qprckdd5bg4xn5ddpqy7np80000gn/T/
> lyx_tmpdir.L10103/lyx_tmpbuf7/example4-xetex4-LyX.dvi"
>
> So it does seem slow.

Anders was talking about scroll performance of the main window of LyX.

> If I install the new beta version, will I loose the
> changes I made to the lyx I already installed? For example I put some things
> inside one of the folders within the app itself while trying to get this
> xetexCV document class working (still getting help on that in another thread).

Yes, you'll loose your changes.

You should rename your LyX 2.0.6 application folder before if you want to
preserve it.

But, as far as I understood the solution to your problem (in the other thread)
you
should have made the modifications inside the library folder of your home
directory.

Stephan