I'm running LyX v2.06 on Linux Mint 16.  In other applications I can
enter a unicode character using ctrl-shift-u then the code point.
However, I'm unable to do this in LyX, even if I explicitly bind
'unicode-input' to ctrl-shift-u in the preferences (results in '\bind
"C-S-u" "unicode-insert"' being added to .lyx/bind/user.bind).

Anyone got any ideas why this isn't working?  I know I can enter
unicode using alt-x then typing 'unicode-input <<codepoint>>' in the
input box that appears at the bottom of the main window but this is
rather cumbersome.

Regards,

Will