Hi William,

Please respond to the list (or tell me explicitly if you wish for an
email to be private).

On Thu, Jan 23, 2014 at 4:21 PM, William Furnass <w...@thearete.co.uk> wrote:
> Hi Scott,
>
> On 23 January 2014 16:23, Scott Kostyshak <skost...@lyx.org> wrote:
>>
>> On Thu, Jan 23, 2014 at 6:37 AM, William Furnass <w...@thearete.co.uk> wrote:
>>> I'm running LyX v2.06 on Linux Mint 16.  In other applications I can
>>> enter a unicode character using ctrl-shift-u then the code point.
>>> However, I'm unable to do this in LyX, even if I explicitly bind
>>> 'unicode-input' to ctrl-shift-u in the preferences (results in '\bind
>>> "C-S-u" "unicode-insert"' being added to .lyx/bind/user.bind).
>
>> What happens for you when you do ctrl+shift+u? On Ubuntu 13.10 with
>> LyX2.1beta2 I get a "u" with an underline, but on the next character
>> it disappears. I have the feeling this is a Qt-related issue (I was
>> just wrong on this same feeling in a thread before though so beware).
>
> I have a list of unicode code points taped to my monitor and want to
> be able to enter the corresponding characters for them all without
> having to set up shortcut keys for each.

Nice idea. I often forget the usefulness of physical cheat sheets.
I've been meaning to print some.

> I forgot to mention that Ctrl-Shift-u allows me to subsequently enter
> code points to input unicode characters in LyX on another machine
> running Ubuntu 13.10

So you are saying that it works as you expect on this machine? Which
version of LyX is it?

> and, more importantly, that pressing Ctrl-Shift-U
> on my machine oddly generates a O with a backslash through it, without
> me entering any characters afterwards.  I've now unset Ctrl-Shift-U in
> the key bindings and still see this behaviour.

This is why I think it's Qt-related. I don't think there's a built-in
LyX binding for Ctrl+Shift+U.

Best,

Scott