> Hi
>
> I'm trying to import a new class into LyX. The class and all of it's
> associated files can be found at
> http://labproj.eie.wits.ac.za/labproj/papers/witseie-paper-2005.zip
>
> I've spent quite a bit of time on Google looking for a method to do this,
> but all of the tutorials are vague and seem to contradict each other - I've
> followed the instructions on a number of them and they don't seem to work.
>
> Can you please give me a clear set of instructions of how to go about
> adding this type of document.
>
> I'm running LyX Version 2.0.7 with MiKTeX 2.9.4248 on Windows 8 64-bit.
>
> Alternatively, is there a better or easier way for me to use the template
> provided?
>
> Any assistance will be greatly appreciated.

This looks like an article class, so the first step to get it up and
running would be a simple wrapper layout to the standard article class, as
attached. Put this in your Personal LyX directory (as displayed in Help >
About LyX) in a folder called "layouts". Then issue Edit > Reconfigure.

This will give you basic support. If you need any further layouts and
features that are not included in the article layout, add it to this layout
file. Look in other article/paper layout files for models or ask here.

HTH
Jürgen