I have checked the source for my snippet compared to one of the "old
fashioned" that I had:

\begin{align*}

P(X\leq150) & =\left(\begin{array}{c}

n\\

\end{array}\right)\\

P(X\leq150) & =\left(\begin{array}[t]{c}

n\\

\end{array}\right)
\end{align*}

As you can see, there is "[t]" in the array that is generating the problem,
i.e., the array was top aligned. Are matrices in Lyx 2.1.0 set up by
default on top alignment instead of middle aligment? I don't really
remember changing this aligment.

Sorry for the false report. Regards.

Julio Rojas
jcredbe...@gmail.com