Patrick Dupre wrote:

>  unusual contents found: [Unknown [sub [mathrm [char N mathalpha][char O
>  mathalpha]] [char 2 mathalpha]]]

This means that LyX does not understand a math formula of that document. My
first geuss would be that it has nothing to do with the OS our how you
compiled LyX. This looks like a serious issue to me, which we need to
investigate.

Could you please file a bug report at
http://www.lyx.org/trac/wiki/BugTrackerHome and attach the document? If you
can't publish it, you could also send it to me privately and I'll have a
look, but without having the original document its is nearly impossible to
investigate these kinds of bugs. If the document is really secret please do
a bisection in with LyX 2.0.x and try to reduce it (removing first half of
the document, seer if that fixes the problem, if yes continue with second
half etc) until you find the formula which causes the problem.

Georg