On Fri, Jun 20, 2014 at 5:43 AM, Tom Hopper <tomhop...@gmail.com> wrote:
> This might do what you want:
> http://texblog.org/2011/09/02/coloring-every-alternate-table-row/
>
> From that page, define the following in your preamble, and you should get
> alternating colors in all tables:
> \usepackage[table]{color}
> \definecolor{lightgray}{gray}{0.9}
> \let\oldtabular\tabular
> \let\endoldtabular\endtabular
> \renewenvironment{tabular}{\rowcolors{2}{white}{lightgray}\oldtabular}{\endoldtabular}
>

> On Fri, Jun 20, 2014 at 7:40 AM, uudruid74 <uudrui...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Can LyX do shaded backgrounds in tables?  I want to shade every other line
>> (like old mainframe computer paper) so that large tables are easier to
>> read.
>> Can it do this without manually formatting every line?  Or would it be
>> easier to use a spreadsheet app and then print to a file and import it as
>> big graphic?  Some combination of printer filters should give me an EPS or
>> whatever I could bring in.
>>
>> Comments?  Ideas?  Suggestions?

Good find, Tom.

uudruid, also take a look at Help > EmbeddedObjects. In particular,
see Table 2.16, "Table where every second row is colored light gray."

In fact, you  might want to go through all of the help files. They
have a lot of good information and although it will take some time,
you will learn a lot.

Best,

Scott