Before you do this... read this article.
http://www.edwardtufte.com/bboard/q-and-a-fetch-msg?msg_id=0001IV

Zebra tables are almost always a bad idea. The correct way to solve the
problem is through typesetting and either avoiding or using horizontal
lines. You also should look at booktabs for some excellent visual
explanations. Basically, try your best to not do this. It is quite hard for
people to read and can be completely unavoidable. If you think you need
this solution, the problem is that your columns are too wide for the data
and there isn't enough spacing between your rows.

~Ben