Just to throw in my 2 cents.

[/quote]
 I'm a fan of putting a thin dotted or light-colored line below every
third row in the table (as at left, in the above image) for two reasons:

    When scanning across rows, the reader can keep his place by using
the position of the line as a point of reference. Each row either has a
line directly above it, below it, or has no line adjacent to it.
[/unquote]

This, to me has the implication that each three line section is a grouping
so that I might want to compare the first three lines against the next
three lines or the last three lines and so on.

It seems to be introducing an unintended structure to the data in the
table.

P.S I like booktabs :)

--
John Kane