Am 08.10.2014 um 02:43 schrieb Julio Rojas <jcredbe...@gmail.com>:

> Why is it so different from a regular display? Is it due to libraries?

Retina-support is somewhat special because it's not simply doubling
the display resolution. There is a compatibility layer to enable it
for applications with retina support only. There are some reasons for
this.

See the details here:
https://developer.apple.com/library/mac/documentation/GraphicsAnimation/Conceptual/HighResolutionOSX/Introduction/Introduction.html

> Julio Rojas
> jcredbe...@gmail.com
>
> On Mon, Oct 6, 2014 at 4:31 PM, Christopher Menzel <chris.men...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
> Is there an ETA for a retina-supported version? :-)

Yes, I'm working on it and hopefully there is a first version around christmas.

Stephan