---Reply to mail from Philippe Depouilly about Problem with forign languages
> But, they have a problem when they want to write a french article whith
> amsmath style, all Math key words are in english :
> Theorem, Corrolary, Problem, ....
>
> Is there any possibility to translate the key words as choosing a
> language.
>
> They work with the french language, and the Chapter is called
> "Chapitre", Part "Partie", it works fine !
>
> Should i create a framsmath.inc as a french AMS layout for Lyx ?
>
I don't know of a better way. Even in amsmath, such environments are
actually extensions of a basic "theorem" environment. The preamble
contains bits of TeX code that define the various flavors, which gives the
various mathematical environments. Unfortunately, the displayed (and
printed) nomenclatures are hardcoded, and I don't know how to circumvent
that (I would appreciate ideas on that!). The Chapter, etc., stuff is
changed according to the language chosen, I guess? How can that be made
to work in this case?
---End reply
--
David L. Johnson [EMAIL PROTECTED], [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Department of Mathematics http://www.lehigh.edu/~dlj0/dlj0.html
Lehigh University
14 E. Packer Avenue (610) 758-3759
Bethlehem, PA 18015-3174
Some people used to claim that, if enough monkeys sat in front of enough
typewriters and typed long enough, eventually one of them would reproduce
the collected works of Shakespeare. The internet has proven this not to
be the case.