On Mon, Jun 1, 2015 at 9:17 AM, Joe Grubbs <jsgru...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> He's basically built an emulator/VM that runs in OS-9. There was a lengthy
> discussion about the finer details on the CoCo list, but here is one of his
> videos demonstrating it running WordStar (wow flashback!):
>
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ysn7Na60ZGA

Impressive work. Too slow at WordStar to be usable though. "Fast and
furious" :-) Close though!

Maybe some serious optimizations in his virtual machine can make it
fast enough. I'd guess he's straight mapping 8080 instructions to 6309
code. Depending on how he's handling register mapping and whether he's
doing any cached code translation versus straight
mapping/interpretation there should be thing he can do.

Still would be useful for non-interactive programs (like compilers).

-- John.