  From: John R. Hogerhuis
  To: Model 100 Discussion
  Sent: Saturday, May 07, 2016 4:53 AM
  Subject: Re: [M100] Mdeol 100 FACEBOOK group

  No reason, it's just the way that GNU Mailman is I think. Maybe I can make it
no-login, just never spent the time.

  Although there is a gap for a period of time where Gmane wasn't working right
for us, a lot of old emails and all current emails are being logged to Gmane
where you can search.

  http://dir.gmane.org/gmane.comp.hardware.trs80.model100

  As far as "the more the merrier" I think there is risk to
balkanization/fragmentation since we are such a small group. I don't tell
anyone not to do it. I encourage sharing of info as wide as possible. There is
certainly more than one Model 100 facebook page and that's fine. If you want to
reach non hard core M100 folks, that and blogs is probably the best way.

  But if you want to reach the serious fans, this is the place to be!

  It's just such a pity when I hear about interesting m100 stuff from Ars
Technica or wherever and it was posted months or years ago and we never heard
about it, had a chance to comment, whatever!

  So I just endeavor to make this list, Bitchin100 and along with Ken, Club100
to be the best, most consistent and fun source of information and the center of
the Model 100 universe.

  If you read something or post something interesting somewhere else we're all
grateful to have you share it here too. That doesn't mean posting everything
you might see on EBay, some of that's OK, I just mean articles and news that's
M100 related.

  Cheers,

  -- John.