It's pretty straightforward in that it doesn't require any specialized
chip-programming hardware.  As long as you have a TPDD or TPDD emulator already
working with your machine, it's just a matter of putting a couple of files in
the TPDD (or emulator) and running a few commands on the T200.

http://bitchin100.com/wiki/index.php?title=REX_Release_4.9

After putting the REX in your T200 ROM socket, scroll down to the section
'Rebuilding REX' and follow steps 2, 4, and 5 (steps 1 and 3 are only needed if
you already had the REX working in your machine, although obviously the part of
step 1 about backing up your RAM files is important, since in step 5 you'll be
doing a cold restart).  Use the files for release 162, though, not 236.
They're linked a little bit further down the page.

This is a good process to be familiar with anyways, as this is essentially how
you'd go about upgrading your REX to a future software release.

        jim