Chris, maybe this is a silly question, but were you able to install the
“floppy” driver program from the utility disk or other method?  Were you
able to do RUN”COM:98N1ENN” before turning on the drive (with utility disk
in)?

There is (on p. 7 of the TPDD2 Manual) a cryptic related reference that the
utility disk can’t be used with a computer in conjunction with the DVI, so
maybe these can’t all be used at once, if that’s what you’re trying.
Cryptic, only because the message seems clear but no solution is offered...
 :(

I just recently got a TPDD2 working after replacing the belt, and it’s been
nice.  I know, it’s “just” an old floppy drive, but it makes one newly
appreciate technologies I used to take for granted as a kid and through
grad school.

Best wishes,
Anthony