Sorry, I just saw your answer Jonathans.

At least they would work, that's good to know!

I would love to play about with an Altair, I do have a PiDP8, a replica of
a PDP8/I.

Never really gotten much out of it, always found the PDP / DEC crowd a very
hard bunch to talk to. Unless your 60+ and a former DEC employee that is.
Fresh faces youngsters such as myself are expected to know everything
already. Least that's how it feels. So the things on the shelf, collecting
dust.