Thank you to Fugu ME100 for the link to the cini information on
ClassicCmp.org.

I took off the cover and removed the drives: both are SSDD, but one is a
TEAC FD-54B and the other is a TEC, a brand which I had never seen before.
In reading up on the DV I came across this posting:
http://personalpages.tds.net/~rcarlsen/cbm/msd/REPAIRS/MSD.txt.

The writer, in reference to the TEC FB-501which is the primary drive in my
unit, makes the claim
that ALL electrolytic capacitors on these units WILL fail and MUST be
replaced.

I'm just wondering if the community has experience with this problem and
can shed light on the subject.  If it has to be I'll do it, just a question
of priority.

Thanks again,

-CH-