On Thu, Jun 4, 2020 at 1:49 PM Brian K. White <b.kenyo...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On 6/4/20 4:32 PM, John R. Hogerhuis wrote:
>
> I have posted links 3 such cables many times.
> And an ideal usb adapter to screw right on to it.
>
> http://tandy.wiki/Model_100_102_200_600_Serial_Cable
>
> Any of those "ideal" 3 cables is exactly the fully wired all in one
> piece cable.
>
> For the usb, I personally like to keep that separate because it's useful
> for other stuff on it's own.

Thanks.

I would suggest that the thin hood male-male gender changer should be kept
as a separate piece because then the cable itself is more durable. No pins
to break on the main cable.

If a pin bends/breaks on the gender changer (it has happened to me) I just
throw away the gender changer.

The  cables I use are the old Belkin serial laplink which has db-9 and
db-25 female both on both ends of the cable. Never had any failure. But
they are not on the market any more. That is my ideal.

If building from scratch I would just put the USB-Serial adapter into the
cable.

But separate works too.

You and I will mix and match parts and know what makes sense but a lot of
users don't get into the details.

-- John.