They aren't used dynamically though are they?  The protocol itself takes
care of flow.

I'm unable to have a real m100 talk via serial with VT.  That seems odd.
Must be a hardware pin issue.

Interestingly the same hardware works if VT is swapped for teraterm.

So I guess that virtualT must be flowing off while teraterm is flowing
on....