Well, it's rare that Brian and I completely agree on anything (almost as
rare as non-polarized line cords ;-) but he's summed it up perfectly.

Just to be sure, I'd double check with a meter that the switch contacts are
indeed the two silver pins (1 & 2); connecting the line across those would
not be a good idea.

Just curious: where'd you get that cord? Aside from items that have an
isolating transformer, non-polarized cords and double-insulation seem to be
becoming more and more common on small appliances that used to have
three-prong grounded cords.

That supply looks gorgeous by the way!