On Tue, Dec 13, 2022 at 5:09 PM Huxley Dunsany <hduns...@mac.com> wrote:

> Hi M100 folks!
>
> Wondering if someone here could potentially help me with a silly /
> pointless / fun little project. I have a sizable collection of vintage
> computers and devices, and once in a while I like to post one of them
> displaying my company logo to my team Slack channel. Totally impractical,
> but it’s a fun way to blur the lines between my work and my retrocomputing
> hobby.
>
> Bearing in mind that I’m *not* a programmer, I’d like to find a way to
> display a simple 1-bit image of my company logo on the screen of my Model
> 100. Is there anyone here with the ability to help cook up some BASIC code
> (or something comparable?) for doing this? Given the borderline
> non-existent graphics capabilities of this machine, I’m guessing it would
> involve some kind of pixel-by-pixel bitmap or something, but as noted
> before, I’m no programmer so I’m just guessing here.

Not so bad as that... it has PRINT@, CLS, LINE, PSET/PRESET, PRINT@ along
with block graphics characters. So a fair amount of stuff. No circle
command.

It depends on what you want to do. Unless you want to code up your logo
with primitives, you probably want to convert your bitmap.

In which case Steve is right, I think Ken's ASCIIpixels allows you to embed
bitmaps in strings, probably the way to go. So it's just a matter of
converting your bitmap.

Maybe attach your bitmap and someone will convert it if you don't want all
the fun.

-- John.