Feasible?  Yes.  Slow?  ABSOLUTELY!

This is the reason I created AsciiPixels. It provides two main features critical to the M100:

1. It is machine language graphics routines, so it is blazingly fast relative to BASIC. 2. It provides a level of image compression similar to Linux 'xz' compression in most cases:

            Full screen image (i.e. image size is 240 x 64 pixels):

         dragon.do      825 bytes     This is the APRAW encoding
         dragon.ap      640 bytes     AsciiPixels encoding
         dragon.pbm.xz  628 bytes     Linux xz compression
         dragon.bmp    2178 bytes
         dragon.pbm    1969 bytes     Original non-compressed 1-BPP bitmap:
240x64 pixels / 8 pixels/byte = 1920 + header

Ken