Patrizo,

Are you sure that when the ephemeral environment is booted that vda and vdb
are not switched by the kernel? It could be possible that vda showed as vdb
and vdb showed as vda on the booted kernel. That will cause MAAS to pick
the 25GB as the boot disk during commissioning.

Best way to check is the block device output in the commissioning output
section of the Web UI.

Thanks,
Blake