Dear Blake,

i may have understood what it may have happened: when i started my machine
(with 3 SAS disks) had storage configured as 1 RAID1 and 1 Jbod. The jbod
disk was shown as sda first device (BIOS related). I discovered,
commissioned and deployed the machine with the issues i spotted.

Than i went back to the System BIOS, i changed the disk config to RAID1 and
RAID0 (instead of Jbod) so the storage bacame sda (for raid1) and sdb for
single disk.

But when deploying it looks like MAAS kept the old config "in cache" or
alive. To fix this i had to delete the machine from inventory, rediscover
from scratch, commission and redeploy and everything was fine.

Is this the designed behaviour? In general even when i need to do small
changes, such as configure a network interface of a deployed machine
(deployed->mark broken->change ip->mark fixed->ready->deploy), most of time
not passing through the commissioning phase makes the deploy fails.

Thanks,
Patrizio