Hello group

I hope you don't mind me posting this here as I'm not blind or visually
impaired. Lynne and Gordon have told me that the list is not only for the
visually impaired so I thought I would post.

I currently have a Samsung Symbian phone, (so I'm told), and it's dying
rapidly. I've had this phone for about 2 years and it's been dropped several
times.

Anyway, I am seriously considering moving over to the Apple phone because I've
seen Gordon and Lynne's phone and seen it in use. It's only a 3GS which brings
me to my next question. I'm contemplating buying 1 for myself and also 1 for
Gordon as a Christmas present. But I am told that the iPhone 4S doesn't use the
same SIM card as the 3GS does. I gather it is meant for a micro-SIM.

So how difficult would it be to get hold of a new SIM without changing the
phone number on Gordon's 3GS? I know a lot of you are outside of the UK and
things are different. When I worked in Sydney and New York for a while the
environments were very different. But that's another discussion for a different
place. What I nee is an objective view as to whether this would be a good buy
or whether I should just look at something else. Yes I have looked at a few
Android phones and yes some of them look quite attractive. But as I live with
Gordon and lynne I really want compatibility with what they use so that they
can share things with me and visa versa.

I'm looking at the 64G version of iPhone 4S which costs £699.00 from the Apple
Store and about £800 Pounds from other places. Any constructive comment is very
welcome, with thanks.

Tracy Thompson