I must confess Lynne I'm having similar dilemmas.  however I'm in the fortunate
position that we have a few hundred spare euro in a research acount, and a
student wants to do a final-year project using the 4S so I'll get to play with
one before purchasing.  Will report back, though it could be a few weeks yet
before I have the device.

Dónal
On 17 Nov 2011, at 07:56, Mrs. Lynnette Annabel Smith wrote:

> Hello Bubba; Lynne here this time as Tracy has gone to work. :)
>
> I'm now looking into this for her. We discussed it last night and we've
> decided to have a serious look to see what we and, particularly, Gordon who
> requires VoiceOver and accessibility would gain from the iPhone 4S upgrade.
>
> What keeps nagging at me is the fact that his 3GS still works perfectly and
> I'm a little reluctant, as always on these things, to upgrade for the sake of
> upgrading. I mean, although it's true that I could then permanently hijack
> the 3GS and use it when I'm out and about, it would really have to be a
> worthwhile upgrade to be honest. I mean, he'd really have to benefit from the
> upgrade in significant ways.
>
> I am quite excited about Siri; reading the documentation blurb it looks to be
> an interesting tool. I think I'm right in saying that it won't run on the
> iPhone 3GS?
>
> Lynne
>
> On 16 Nov 2011, at 22:50, Bubba wrote:
>
> Hi, the cutter is not hard to use at all you just drop the simm card in it
> and push the two halves together. Now if you get one of them very cheap ones
> where you have to use it like a pair of scissors than that might be a
> problem. But I sure you can just buy a micro simm and then an adapter on the
> net and just use your micro simm in the other phone.

Dónal Fitzpatrick
dfitz...@computing.dcu.ie