i would agree with sarah about using sophos.
i have just started using it so i can't say anything about the quarantene option as i have not had to use that option yet. rnib's "access it" had an article about antivirus apps i think and the author said something about using antivirus with systems running mac and linux. i certainly now use the antivirus app on my mac after my past experiences with windows.

----- Original Message -----
From: Sarah Alawami <marri...@gmail.com
To: Mac OSX & iOS Accessibility <mac-access@mac-access.net
Date sent: Mon, 25 Jun 2012 09:44:39 -0700
Subject: Re: Viruses?

My view points have slightly changed. I used to say no not at
all, but when flash back hit this year and some others I said maybe. I'm still on maybe. I would use sophos anti virus. It's free and the only thing that's hard to use is the quarantine option with voice over but it is quite good.

Take care.