From: mac-access-boun...@mac-access.net
[mailto:mac-access-boun...@mac-access.net] On Behalf Of ROBERT CARTER
Sent: 09 February 2013 00:08
To: Mac OSX & iOS Accessibility
Subject: Re: Further Ibook Problem

Hi,

Try quitting iTunes restarting it and syncing again.

Robert Carter

On Feb 8, 2013, at 2:11 PM, David Griffith <d.griff...@btinternet.com>
wrote:

> I have three non-DRm Epub  books which I am trying to read with Ibooks
> on my IPod.
>
> 1. Ibooks is showing a book that I purchased absolutely fine.
> 2. I imported 3 further Epub books without DRM into ITunes on my Mac.
> 2. I then synched  my IPod with ITunes on my Mac.
> 3. On ITunes I investigated under the On my IPod button and this
> confirmed under Books the presence of all four Books.  One purchased
> and the others transferred using ITunes.
> I waited for the synch to finish and then after the tone disconnected
> the IPod and opened Ibooks.
>
> The problem is that, despite ITunes confirming the non-purchased books
> have transferred , Ibooks is only showing the purchased Ibooks.
>
> I have opened each of the Epub books with Adobe digital editions and
> there is no problems with the actual books as they display and read
> fine under Adobe.
>
> On Ibooks the only buttons I can hear are Not necessarily in this
> order.
>
> Edit
> Purchased Books
> Review
> Author
> Title
> Category
> Store
>
> None of these buttons reveal the non purchased books.
> I have also tried going to the store and looking under Library and
> again the only book available is the Purchased book.
>
> How is it possible to  read a non purchased Epub book on the IPod
> using Ibooks?
>
> Is there an easier app to use?
>
> I notice that there is an App provided by Robobraille.org but I am not
> sure how Voiceover friendly this is  as it appears aimed at people
> with limited sight.
>
> David  Griffith

> You can find an archive of all messages posted    to the Mac-Access forum
at either the list's own dedicated web archive:

> As the Mac Access Dot Net administrators, we do our very best to ensure
that the Mac-Access E-Mal list remains malware, spyware, Trojan, virus and
worm-free.  However, this should in no way replace your own security
strategy.  We assume neither liability nor responsibility should something
unpredictable happen.

visiting the list website at:

worm-free.  However, this should in no way replace your own security
strategy.  We assume neither liability nor responsibility should something
unpredictable happen.

Please remember to update your membership preferences periodically by
visiting the list website at: