A free easy solution is installing DropBox or Google Drive on both or either
computer machines and iPad. Simply place the files in the dropbox or google
drive folder and then they will be available on the iPad.
This will restrict you to playing one mp3 at a time from Dropbox on the iPad
but this may be OK.

The are also apps like Phone Drive you could look at but
 I have started using Waltr on the Mac and have to say that so far I am very
impressed. This will definitely be my method of transferring content to iPad
and iPhone from now on. It is a paid app but all you do is connect the iPad to
Mac, start the program hit the oddly named but button and then point the
program to what ever media content you want on your device and it transfers the
files for playing on the iPad or iPhone with no need for iTunes or synching or
anything like  that. The media  plays in the native iPad or iPhone Music player.

David griffith
far4