On Sun, 9 Jan 2005 20:44:15 -0500
 Brian Futrell <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> On Sunday, January 9, 2005, at 08:03 PM, Brian Futrell
> wrote:
>

> >On Wednesday, January 5, 2005, at 01:07 PM, Brian
> Futrell wrote:

> 9600
> much.

> >>Thanks for the offer, but I found it.  I searched for a
> few
> >>hours online last night and found one site that had the
> >>updates for 2.1.1, 2.1.2, 2.1.3, the HD Expander, and
> the
> >>VPC Additions for 2.1.1.  The site also had updates for
> VPC
> >>1.  I recall a site having the updates for 3, 4, and 5
> - I
> >>wonder if they would add these.
> >>
> >>I downloaded everything for v2 except the 2.1.1.
> update,
> >>since that is the version on my VPC CD.  As soon as I
> get a
> >>chance, I'm burning them to a couple of CDs.
> >>
> >>Dumb question - did the Voodoo also work with VPC 3?
> >>
> >>I'll let you know how it goes.
> >>
> >>Brian
> >>

> >Well, I've installed the Voodoo 2 in my 9600/300.  I've
> installed VPC
> >2.1.1, and updated it to 2.1.3.  I've expanded the
> default image size
> >to 511MB.  I've installed the Voodoo 2 drivers.  So far,
> there is no
> >option to enable the Voodoo 2 card in the preferences of
> Virtual PC.
> >
> >I'll try installing the VPC 3 upgrade and try it on
> there as well.
> >
> >It's just as slow as I remember it. :)
> >

> VPC 3 does support the Voodoo 1/2 cards!  However, a 2D
> only video card must be present - it won't work with
> newer 2D/3D cards.  The 9600 used to have an ATI Nexus
> 128 in it.  I thought I removed all of the ATI-related
> control panels and extensions - I guessed I messed a few.
>
> Currently it has a Twin Turbo 128 in it, but the 3dfx
> extensions for the Voodoo 2 are nowhere to be seen.
>
> Brian Futrell

I got the Voodoo 2 working on VPC 3 last night.  There are
no options in VPC preferences.  If it is present, it will
show a device listed under 'Other Devices' in Windows.

I installed the Creative 3D Blaster 2 drivers, then it
appeared in Device Manager.  I then proceeded to test it by
installing Asteroids (the newer one by Atari/Infogrammes).
 It took a while to install, but played well.  There's a
delay of a second or two between doing something in the
game  and the corresponding sound playing.

All of this was on the 9600/300, with a 511MB image file
and 96MB allocated to VPC 3, resulting in a PC with 80MB
RAM.

I'll try it with RealPC 1.1.1 tonight.

Brian