My college-age daughter was trying to prepare a report using a
template in Microsoft Word.  She typed a couple of paragraphs, and
suddenly word crashed with "fatal errors."  She was somehow able to
recover what had been typed, but when she tried to save it, it again
crashed with fatal errors.  She tried to create a new document with
the same results.

I am a Mac person, and I know if I had this problem with my Mac, I
would suspect a corruption in the application.  I would uninstall the
program and all it's components, and reinstall.  Is this the proper
procedure with a PC (running XP)?  If not, what needs to be done to
fix this problem?  Obviously, she needs MS word to prepare papers for
school.  Thanks in advance for your help.

--
Gretchen Summers
[EMAIL PROTECTED]