--- Darren <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Gregg Eshelman wrote:

> >Are you running XP on FAT32 or NTFS? If you're
> using
> >FAT32, especially on your XP boot partition, switch
> it to NTFS. Same goes for any drive or partition
> you're using for the XP swap file.

> Fat32, I saw no other option during the upgrade,
> Can the partitions be changed now or does it require
> a format?

Partition Magic 8.0 will do it. Partition Magic 7.0
can convert FAT16/32 to NTFS but it doesn't properly
"adjust" the volume ID on 2000/XP boot volumes so
you end up stuck with a PC that reboots when you
login. (May only be a problem when copying/cloning
the boot volume to a new drive.)

2000 has this in Help.

"To convert a volume to NTFS from the command prompt

1. Open a command prompt window.
2. In the command prompt window, type
convert drive_letter: /fs:ntfs

 Notes

To open a Command Prompt window, click Start, point to
Programs, point to Accessories, and then click Command
Prompt.
You can convert FAT or FAT32 volumes to NTFS with this
command."

I've never tried that, so dunno if it works OK on
a boot volume! I just searched in Help for
NTFS convert.

It will be total Fandemonium, Summer 2005!
Check website for further info.
http://www.fandemonium.org