This is simply a follow up to my post asking for help installing Windows/DOS on an OrangePC 620 card.

The OrangePC card does seem to need the CD that OrangeMicro refers to as the "Easy Install" CD. So some work is needed to get Win95 or Win98 installed. This is the procedure that I followed to get it done.

1) Use the setup menu option or the OrangePCi application to create a new Drive Image for drive "C" and for drive "D:. Drive image for "C" needs to be 500MB or larger if you intend to use the FAT32 file system. Drive image for "D" needs to be about 500MB to hold the files necessary for installation.

2)The setup panel for the OrangePCi application needs to be setup with drives C & D in place and the Macintosh Floppy drive should be set as PC floppy. With the setting setup as such boot from a stock MS DOS boot floppy, use fdisk to allocate the partitions for both hard drives. The PC will reboot at which time use format to format both C and D drives. After this is done you can quit the OrangePCi application.

3) Mount the Drive image for "D" drive. Mount the Drive image Organge supplies as the update image. Insert the Win98 CD in the Mac CD Drive. Copy the Win98 and the Drivers folder from the CD to the drive image for "D". Copy the contents of the Orange update image to the "D" drive image. Unmount the images.

4) In the setup menu portion of the OrangePCi application. Make sure the drive images for "C" and "D" are selected as the "C" and "D" drives. For floppy drive "A" you need to select the Window 98 boot floppy image from the images that are part of the OrangePC upgrade package. After those settings are correct start the PC.

5) After the PC has booted from the floppy image, there are 3 options to choose from. Choose the first option which is install Win98 from the CD. For me this failed, but you can run "setup" manually from the command line "e:\setup". At that point everything should run automatically and Win98 should install.

6) When the Win98 desktop comes up for the first time, you will not have support for the CD ROM. At that point you can run setup from the "D" drive that you created earlier and all of the OrangeMicro extensions/software will be installed. During the setup you will be asked which version of the OrangePC software you are upgrading from. Choose OrangePC V3.2 or earlier. You will need to restart after setup runs.

7) After you have restarted Windows98 will find all the new OrangePC hardware and will install the drivers needed to make it function. From this point on you can configure Windows98 as you wish. From my limited experience everything that Orange says work does indeed work. Networking works fine, printing is good and the limited software I have installed works fine as well.

Have fun
bill

--
\/\/i||[EMAIL PROTECTED] ()\/e