I got a Beige G3 Desktop, 266Mhz, Rev. B board and
ROM.
20gig HD with Apple ROM, 6meg VRAM, Zip 100,
personality card only has mic and speaker jacks,
192meg RAM (3 64meg), 24X CD-ROM replaced with
DVD-ROM,
pci9004 7850 SCSI card (labled as Adaptec AVA-9203B)
and a (Opti chip) USB 1.1 card with two ports.

All works perfectly with 9.2.2. (And prior to that
with
8.6.)

I reset Open Firmware (didn't recognize the
reset-nvram
command but did set-defaults and reset-all) then
booted
from the 10.1 CD and reformatted the 7.7gig partiton
as UFS. 10.1 install went OK except for every reboot
it put a bunch of text onscreen, ending with something
about waiting for remote debugger and a prompt to hit
C to continue or R to reboot. Did that every reboot!

Installed security/installer update required before
installing 10.1.5 update, reboot (again with the
waiting for remote debugger) then ran 10.1.5 update.
(Yet again with the remote debugger!)

10.1.5 booted much faster than 10.1, which is good.
The ADB Mouse II does not work, which is not good!
The keyboard works.

What the F ing H is going on and how do I fix it?

I figured for a whopping $5 for a Rev B Beige G3
and the rest of the bits for free from hither and
thither, how could it go wrong?

It will be total Fandemonium!
August (Fri) 4th, (Sat) 5th & (Sun) 6th, 2006
http://www.fandemonium.org