Well, to be honest, I've never had any luck getting a Mac to share a connection with a Windows machine, or vice versa. However, I'd say it's the PC at fault, based on the symptoms given. The ethernet port is a good place to start, in my humble opinion. Also, and this isn't a fix to your problem, but it might be a good idea to switch to Firefox on the PC. However, back to your problem. Next, you may like to go into the network settings and setup your network as a new one... That worked when I had to connect my Lombard to my HP Pavilion a520n and it wouldn't see the Mac...

Hope this helps a little,
Caleb
--
PowerBook G3 Lombard - G3/400, OS X Jaguar, 192 MB RAM
HP Pavilion a520n - AMD Athlon XP 3200+, Windows XP Home (SP2), 512 MB RAM