There are several things I'd like to note after everyone has had their say:

1.) As a long time mac user, I'm very much used to having Preferences
in a standard location. In fact I'm used to having it be the bottom
item of the Edit menu, but that's from ages ago. The new OSX location
is better, and it's even had some standardized keyboard shortcuts
(sort of). It's important to mac users that it remain here.

2.) Secondary to that, a second command to open the prefs/help windows
might be preferable, but the menus are already hugely cluttered, so a
consensus should be considered. I'm personally in favor of duplication
but I could change my mind from a good argument. If a duplicated menu
is not chosen, then obviously docs should be updated.

3.) I think it goes without saying that the docs should say "Mac users
use the command modifier instead of control" just like it does in the
docs for every single cross-platform program including games there
ever was made for mac.

4.) This topic was more-or-less hijacked. The original poster wanted
to help update documentation and that's GREAT. I think some of the
first responders mentioned that it's done within the doc project and
not the mac-port project. As far as I know, the mac-port project deals
primarily with code and compiling; getting the program to build and
run correctly on the mac, and not so much with docs.

5.) This clear separation needs to have liasons. The Help menu needs
to have documents in it! The help-viewer should open some docs for
OOo. I don't believe it will take a huge substantial amount of effort
but someone can do it. Maybe Mr. Snoke would like to get with me and
work on that? Perhaps in addition to the small changes he proposed in
his original post. Let me know

Gallo~