We switched our home connections to UVerse (from Insight) about three weeks
ago, and it's been a mixed bag. On the one hand, we're saving a little money.
The internet connection speed is about the same as it was with Insight. They
claim a 17 Mb download speed for our level of service; we usually get in the
10-12 range. The television reception, however, has been problematic.
Initially, we were having problems with long screen freezes (and this during
one of U of L's NCAA tournament games! Aaaargh!), but they came out and tweaked
it and made it some better, but we still get momentary freezes that interrupt
the flow of the program.

Actually, I have no complaints (yet) about their service or the speed of
getting a technician to our house. One of the technicians was very
knowledgeable and gave me a lot of useful information about how UVerse works.
Then again, I never had any major problems with Insight's service either; it
was just their pricing that ended up driving us off.

Maybe the good service is only because we're new customers and they're giving
us special attention. We'll see.

Dan