On Apr 18, 2013, at 7:56 AM, John Robinson <[email protected]> wrote:
> This morning I had a person ask to be connected to me via Linkedin. I > accepted and it was taking a long time for the screen to move on, then I read > the dialogue box....it stated they were loading my address book and their > system was so protected I didn't have to worry about my information being > secure. > > Is this something they have always done? I had NO idea and if this is true I > will be out of Linkedin later today. There is NO way they have any right to > my contacts. Does FB or Twitter do this? I would appreciate any info on > this any of you have. I will go back to pen and paper and a licked stamp > before I voluntarily give up my contact list to every darn firm that thinks > they have a right to it. Inside my address book is all my important info., > it's not for ANYONE. LinkedIn has been doing a nefarious marketing scheme for some time now. They harvest the address books of unwary victims in order to use those very addresses to invite even more victims into the fold. It's an invasion of privacy and unethical solicitation. Don't respond to LinkedIn invitations! By the way, Facebook is uses monitoring of email to do the same thing.
_______________________________________________ MacGroup mailing list [email protected] http://www.math.louisville.edu/mailman/listinfo/macgroup
