Marta, you are undoubtedly much less stressed than I, it's a wonderful thing.  
So good to hear from you.....think of you often.

John


On Apr 18, 2013, at 8:29 AM, Marta Edie wrote:

> John, you, Ed &Co have opened my eyes in many things, despite the fact that I 
> understand really little about your arguments , 
> But I tell you this, I do not do face book, I do not do twitter, I have given 
> up on most of my email of people who are not friends. Of course I have given 
> up on privacy a long time ago, since I find my name and picture in the oddest 
> places and always marvel how I got there. They want my input on how their new 
> websites look and all that stuff which would mean absolutely nothing. So I am 
> trying to think before I even go on web sites anymore. The first thing I get 
> is usual a commercial.
> 
> I fixed my news -WHAS11 and WAVE on live news, so I get them when they stream 
> them without commercials . I get silence then, but better than all the 
> commercials. But I am not happy with our money hungry society. 
> Marta
> 
> 
> 
> 
> 
> 
> 
> On Apr 18, 2013, at 7:56 AM, John Robinson wrote:
> 
>> I have another question for the group.
>> 
>> This morning I had a person ask to be connected to me via Linkedin.  I 
>> accepted and it was taking a long time for the screen to move on, then I 
>> read the dialogue box....it stated they were loading my address book and 
>> their system was so protected I didn't have to worry about my information 
>> being secure.
>> 
>> Is this something they have always done?  I had NO idea and if this is true 
>> I will be out of Linkedin later today.  There is NO way they have any right 
>> to my contacts.  Does FB or Twitter do this?  I would appreciate any info on 
>> this any of you have.  I will go back to pen and paper and a licked stamp 
>> before I voluntarily give up my contact list to every darn firm that thinks 
>> they have a right to it.  Inside my address book is all my important info., 
>> it's not for ANYONE.
>> 
>> John
>> 
>> _______________________________________________
>> MacGroup mailing list
>> [email protected]
>> http://www.math.louisville.edu/mailman/listinfo/macgroup
> 
> 
> _______________________________________________
> MacGroup mailing list
> [email protected]
> http://www.math.louisville.edu/mailman/listinfo/macgroup

_______________________________________________
MacGroup mailing list
[email protected]
http://www.math.louisville.edu/mailman/listinfo/macgroup

Reply via email to