Sandra & Tanya.

I didn't GIVE them anything, upon my acceptance of a man I know well they just 
began taking it.  No questions ask if I approve, an immediate download.  Thank 
goodness I hadn't walked away while this was going on for I would not have 
noticed their dialogue telling me what they were doing.  My first tip was the 
length of time in approving this guy, it was taking forever....all the while 
they were sucking my info into their system.

I am now gone from Linkedin but I wonder what they have?  They should be 
horsewhipped for assuming they have the right to do this to us.  

After reading what Lee has to say I am not sure I am going to stay on FaceBook. 
 And Lee, how does FaceBook have a way to monitor our emails?  There is no 
email going through them so how do they retrieve them?  Is there a redirect so 
a copy goes to them?  Cookies won't send copies of emails to them do they?

I am REALLY interested in know about this, I have nothing to hide but I get 
furious to think we allow them to do this.  If you can shed more info on this I 
would really appreciate it.

John


On Apr 18, 2013, at 9:16 AM, Sandra Schreiber wrote:

> You don't have to give them your email list!!!    I haven't.   Sandy
> On Apr 18, 2013, at 8:36 AM, John Robinson wrote:
> 
> I wrote to them, then closed the account.  I will not put up with a company 
> that wants to encroach on my personal information.
> 
> John
> 
> 
> On Apr 18, 2013, at 8:28 AM, Harry Jacobson-Beyer wrote:
> 
>> I can't answer your questions. All I know is I NEVER respond to Linkedin 
>> requests.
>> 
>> 
>> On Apr 18, 2013, at 7:56 AM, John Robinson <[email protected]> wrote:
>> 
>>> I have another question for the group.
>>> 
>>> This morning I had a person ask to be connected to me via Linkedin.  I 
>>> accepted and it was taking a long time for the screen to move on, then I 
>>> read the dialogue box....it stated they were loading my address book and 
>>> their system was so protected I didn't have to worry about my information 
>>> being secure.
>>> 
>>> Is this something they have always done?  I had NO idea and if this is true 
>>> I will be out of Linkedin later today.  There is NO way they have any right 
>>> to my contacts.  Does FB or Twitter do this?  I would appreciate any info 
>>> on this any of you have.  I will go back to pen and paper and a licked 
>>> stamp before I voluntarily give up my contact list to every darn firm that 
>>> thinks they have a right to it.  Inside my address book is all my important 
>>> info., it's not for ANYONE.
>>> 
>>> John
>>> 
>>> _______________________________________________
>>> MacGroup mailing list
>>> [email protected]
>>> http://www.math.louisville.edu/mailman/listinfo/macgroup
>> 
>> 
>> _______________________________________________
>> MacGroup mailing list
>> [email protected]
>> http://www.math.louisville.edu/mailman/listinfo/macgroup
> 
> 
> _______________________________________________
> MacGroup mailing list
> [email protected]
> http://www.math.louisville.edu/mailman/listinfo/macgroup
> 
> Sandra Gray Schreiber, AAA
> Schreiber Silver
> Schreiber Appraisal Associates
> 50 River Hill Road
> Louisville, Ky 40207
> office:  502-893-3308
> home:   502-893-2303
> email:  [email protected]
> 
> 
> 
> 
> 
> _______________________________________________
> MacGroup mailing list
> [email protected]
> http://www.math.louisville.edu/mailman/listinfo/macgroup

_______________________________________________
MacGroup mailing list
[email protected]
http://www.math.louisville.edu/mailman/listinfo/macgroup

Reply via email to