Tom, If you have Garageband you can do the same thing without learning a new piece of software. When you say you want to create just a few words I guess you will be speaking. I use Garageband for voice recording a lot, but to make it into a WAV file once done with the recording "share" and send to iTunes.
Inside iTunes under preferences click on "IMPORT SETTINGS" and change to WAV. Once the file has been sent from Garageband and it appears inside iTunes then go to "File"...."create New Version".....choose WAV and it will convert what was just sent from Garageband to a WAV. Once you are done with your project change your import setting back to AAC. I wish I could send you screenshots showing step by step, it's very easy. Now I don't know what it will sound like since I never use WAV but it should work perfectly, it was created to do so. John On Apr 18, 2013, at 5:35 PM, Tom Guenthner wrote: > I found my answer --> Audacity > > > On Apr 18, 2013, at 4:43 PM, Tom Guenthner wrote: > > Hi Folks, > > I have a need to create a number of wav files that would be just a few words > long. What is the best way to do so on the MAC? > > Thanks, > Tom > > > _______________________________________________ > MacGroup mailing list > [email protected] > http://www.math.louisville.edu/mailman/listinfo/macgroup > > Tom Guenthner > [email protected] > > > > > > > _______________________________________________ > MacGroup mailing list > [email protected] > http://www.math.louisville.edu/mailman/listinfo/macgroup _______________________________________________ MacGroup mailing list [email protected] http://www.math.louisville.edu/mailman/listinfo/macgroup
