I agree they are way behind on iPad or any Pad integration and use of ebooks 
and blackboard.  Maybe we as the adults need to complain more where money is 
spent.  I would take a chance that half if not more students use Mac's and 
iPads. 


Dr. James Priest PhD
Fire Strategist & Researcher 
[email protected]
Tel. 312-636-6259
Fax. 1-877-684-6949









On Apr 19, 2013, at 5:45 PM, Jonathan Fletcher <[email protected]> wrote:

> I apologize for misspeaking. 
> 
> My issue has always been with the IT department at UofL which has gone out of 
> their way to marginalize Mac users over the years. 
> 
> Many dedicated professors, our own Lee Larson among them (I can't help but 
> think so, although I was never that much of a mathematical mind to think I 
> could begin to survive one of his classes), and the indefatigable Marta Edie 
> in bygone days, do/did a great job, but the leadership--and especially the 
> technology leadership--appear to have been drug into this century kicking and 
> screaming. 
> 
> j.
> 
> 
> On Apr 19, 2013, at 4:00 PM, Harry Jacobson-Beyer <[email protected]> wrote:
> 
>> Oh Marta,
>> 
>> I am sorry you feel that way. I have been taking classes at UofL for 3 years 
>> now. I have met some very incredible students, both scholarship and non 
>> scholarship. I have had marvelous, caring, energetic professors. It’s a 
>> great place to be.
>> 
>> 
>> On Apr 19, 2013, at 2:33 PM, Marta Edie <[email protected]> wrote:
>> 
>>> I have long given up to look at the UofL as a university anymore. I would 
>>> only send somebody there if they want to become athletes or had a 
>>> scholarship to squeeze in a few selected courses.  It has become that bad 
>>> and that sad. 
>>> Marta
>>> 
>>> On Apr 19, 2013, at 2:26 PM, Jonathan Fletcher wrote:
>>> 
>>>> On Apr 19, 2013, at 7:54 AM, Lee Larson <[email protected]> wrote:
>>>> 
>>>>> This problem has been around for about a year and nobody I've talked to 
>>>>> at UofL IT seems particularly interested in solving it.
>>>> 
>>>> Ah, yes, that's the old UofL that I have fond memories of!
>>>> 
>>>> You'd think that since the early nineties that someone would have taken 
>>>> their head out of the sand and seen that the world was changing out there.
>>>> 
>>>> That attitude will only bring them to irrelevance. 
>>>> 
>>>> Oh, they have a successful athletic program? Well, then, never mind!
>>>> 
>>>> ::-\
>>>> 
>>>> j.
>>>> 
>>>> --
>>>> Jonathan Fletcher
>>>> FileMaker 9/10/11/12 Certified Developer
>>>> 
>>>> Fletcher Data Consulting
>>>> [email protected]
>>>> http://www.fletcherdata.com
>>>> 502-509-7137
>>>> 
>>>> Kentuckiana's FileMaker Developers Group
>>>> Next meeting: Tuesday, May 28th, noon to 3:30-ish (Special guest!)
>>>> http://www.kyfmp.com
>>>> 
>>>> 
>>>> _______________________________________________
>>>> MacGroup mailing list
>>>> [email protected]
>>>> http://www.math.louisville.edu/mailman/listinfo/macgroup
>>> 
>>> 
>>> _______________________________________________
>>> MacGroup mailing list
>>> [email protected]
>>> http://www.math.louisville.edu/mailman/listinfo/macgroup
>> 
> 
> 
> --
> Jonathan Fletcher
> FileMaker 9/10/11/12 Certified Developer
> 
> Fletcher Data Consulting
> [email protected]
> http://www.fletcherdata.com
> 502-509-7137
> 
> Kentuckiana's FileMaker Developers Group
> Next meeting: Tuesday, May 28th, noon to 3:30-ish (Special guest!)
> http://www.kyfmp.com
> 
> 
> _______________________________________________
> MacGroup mailing list
> [email protected]
> http://www.math.louisville.edu/mailman/listinfo/macgroup

_______________________________________________
MacGroup mailing list
[email protected]
http://www.math.louisville.edu/mailman/listinfo/macgroup

Reply via email to