My wife has a boyfriend, George Washington, so we HAVE to go to Williamsburg 
every year.  She loves the place and while she spends time going through the 
shops I go to the William & Mary Bookstore, go upstairs and work on the laptop. 
 When we started going 10+ years ago I was the only Mac in the room, last year 
there were only 2 PC's, the room was full of Mac's.  Did my heart good and 
shows that on some campuses the students are really changing.

John


On Apr 20, 2013, at 12:39 PM, Harry Jacobson-Beyer wrote:

> In the UofL library are at least 100 PCs for student use. There are only 5 
> iMacs and they are provided by the Student Government Assoc. which also lends 
> out 5 Mac laptops. They also have many more PC laptops which they loan out.
> 
> I will say this, whenever I am in the library I notice more students with 
> personal laptops that are Macs than with PCs.
> 
>  
> On Apr 20, 2013, at 11:22 AM, Lee Larson <[email protected]> wrote:
> 
>> On Apr 19, 2013, at 9:21 PM, Dr. James Priest wrote:
>> 
>>> I would take a chance that half if not more students use Mac's and iPads. 
>> 
>> Don't put any money on that claim! You would lose it. The majority of 
>> laptops on campus are Windows-based and there aren't all that many tablets 
>> of any kind, yet. You especially don’t  see tablets or ereaders used in 
>> science classes because the standard ebook formats don’t  support 
>> mathematical formulae very well.
>> 
>> 
>> 
>> 
>> 
>> _______________________________________________
>> MacGroup mailing list
>> [email protected]
>> http://www.math.louisville.edu/mailman/listinfo/macgroup
> 
> 
> _______________________________________________
> MacGroup mailing list
> [email protected]
> http://www.math.louisville.edu/mailman/listinfo/macgroup

_______________________________________________
MacGroup mailing list
[email protected]
http://www.math.louisville.edu/mailman/listinfo/macgroup

Reply via email to