I was referring to Student owned.  I have a house full of students working on 
papers then walking to Thunder.  I don't see a PC in the group  of 15. I asked 
the question and was told maybe 50/50. Also if you have an IT would have to 
find the right person. When I am at Northwestern or U of C it is almost all 
Mac.  The gov lab I work at they normally use PC unless you ask for a Mac. Most 
visitors are Mac. and was just told that 70% of the new computers people want 
Macs. They also have people Mac certified for systems and repair.  The big 
issue is having to have a kerobs cert each wk.  I still say we need to graft a 
letter to the board asking for more IT upgrades and better trained people.  


Dr. James Priest PhD
Fire Strategist & Researcher 
[email protected]










On Apr 20, 2013, at 11:39 AM, Harry Jacobson-Beyer <[email protected]> wrote:

> In the UofL library are at least 100 PCs for student use. There are only 5 
> iMacs and they are provided by the Student Government Assoc. which also lends 
> out 5 Mac laptops. They also have many more PC laptops which they loan out.
> 
> I will say this, whenever I am in the library I notice more students with 
> personal laptops that are Macs than with PCs.
> 
>  
> On Apr 20, 2013, at 11:22 AM, Lee Larson <[email protected]> wrote:
> 
>> On Apr 19, 2013, at 9:21 PM, Dr. James Priest wrote:
>> 
>>> I would take a chance that half if not more students use Mac's and iPads. 
>> 
>> Don't put any money on that claim! You would lose it. The majority of 
>> laptops on campus are Windows-based and there aren't all that many tablets 
>> of any kind, yet. You especially don’t  see tablets or ereaders used in 
>> science classes because the standard ebook formats don’t  support 
>> mathematical formulae very well.
>> 
>> 
>> 
>> 
>> 
>> _______________________________________________
>> MacGroup mailing list
>> [email protected]
>> http://www.math.louisville.edu/mailman/listinfo/macgroup
> 
> 
> _______________________________________________
> MacGroup mailing list
> [email protected]
> http://www.math.louisville.edu/mailman/listinfo/macgroup

_______________________________________________
MacGroup mailing list
[email protected]
http://www.math.louisville.edu/mailman/listinfo/macgroup

Reply via email to